Effective: January 1, 2023
Information We Collect
There are two basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you provide at registration such as first name, last name, username, email address, gender, date of birth, and country.
- Information we get when you use our services such as direct messaging, joining communities, posting in communities, mentor and mentee relationships, and any expertise you share to your community members.
Information You Provide
When you interact with our services, we collect information that you provide to us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a PRIM account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, username, password, email address, gender, date of birth, and country. We may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as a profile picture or avatar. Other services, such as commerce products, may require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
You’ll also provide us whatever information you send through our services, such as Posts. Keep in mind that the users who view your Posts, Messages, and any other content can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to PRIM as well; don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you watched a particular post, saw a specific ad for a certain period of time, and sent a few posts. Here’s a more complete explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our services, such as which filters you view or apply to Posts, which Stories you watch on PRIM, or which search queries you submit.
- how you communicate with other users, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with your community members, which community members you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
- Content Information. We collect content you create on our services such as information about the content you create or provide.
- Device Information. We collect only the type of device you use.
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to send Posts or upload photos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website, such as:
- details about how you’ve used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type, language, device type (e.g., Android or iOS);
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser; and
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? For the detailed answer, go here. The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize our services by, among other things, suggesting community members, or profile information.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies and comply with legal requirements.
We Will Not Share Information
Currently, we will not share information about you.
Our services contains third-party integrations such as Sendbird direct messaging and Amazon Rekognition for content moderation. Through these integrations, you may be providing information to the third party as well as to PRIM. We are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Control Over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access, Correction, and Portability. You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our apps. You can also use download my data to obtain a copy of information that isn’t available in our apps in a portable format, so you can move it or store it wherever you want. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons, including, for example, if the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful.
- Revoking permissions. In most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
Communicating with other PRIM users. It’s important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. That’s why we’ve built tools for you to report and block users that who you do not want to see your posts and whether you’d like to block another PRIM user from contacting you again.
Rights of Access, Correction, and Portability
You can exercise your rights of access, correction, and portability as described in the control over your information section above.
Bases for Using Your Information
Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply. These conditions are called “legal bases” and, at PRIM, we typically rely on one of four:
- Legitimate interest. Another reason we might use your information is because we have, or a third party has, a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve our services, including protecting your account, delivering your Posts, providing customer support, and helping you find friends and content we think you’ll like. Because most of our services are free, we also use some information about you to try and show you ads you’ll find interesting. An important point to understand about legitimate interest is that our interests don’t outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data doesn’t significantly impact your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so. We explain our legitimate business reasons for using your information in more detail here.
- Consent. In some cases we’ll ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we’ll make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions. Even if we’re not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data like contacts and location.
Legal obligation. We may be required to use your personal information to comply with the law, like when we respond to a valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users. Our policy is to notify PRIM users when we receive a legal process seeking their account information, with some exceptions.
Your Right to Object
You have the right to object to our use of your information. We’ve given you the ability to stop the use of your data by disabling the app altogether.
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live.
Rights of Access, Correction, and Portability
You can exercise your rights of access, correction, and portability as described in the Control Over Your Information section above.
Rights of Access, Rectification, and Cancellation
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, and cancellation.
If you’re a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).